Sunday, April 19, 2009

Will pomegranates grow in zone 7, and how do I do it, starting from seeds?

I bought one just to try.

Will pomegranates grow in zone 7, and how do I do it, starting from seeds?
Hi:


I received a Pomegranate tree from a previous client. I live in zone seven and planted it in an open area. After two years in the ground, it has grown to about six feet high. A year ago we got blooms in the late spring and summer and late summer to fall we got a good amount of fruit. You have to wait until the fruit rippens or it is very bitter. The seeds are very nutrional.





If you plant from seed, read my article on my website on planting from seed. I will direct you to this page as well as my site map so you can browse through and get some other ideas and tips.





We live near the mountains, so Pomegranates can grow in zone seven if propagated properly and planted correctly. You can also receive blossoms and fruit, but it may take a couple of years.





Hope this has helped some and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help you. Have a great day!


Kimberly


http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...





Even though this is for herb and flower growing, it is a base for doing any seeds.





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...
Reply:Usually plants flower in zone 7 but will mature their fruit in zone 8. Plants will fruit in pots especially the dwarf varieties.


if you are wanting to grow for eating you might do well to order a dwarf than the time for growing from seed, because of you hardiness zone 7.


Dwarf Pomegranate


http://henryfields.com/product.asp?pn=72...


72310 Dwarf Pomegranate


Our Price $13.95



skin care product reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment